Dual Watch Operation
Operate the VX-1700 radio on one channel while periodically monitoring the designated memory channel to ensure a call is not missed. Ideal for emergency management situations when it is important that a call gets through to dispatch.
Flexible Calling Options
Includes six built-in call modes to support various communications:
- Selective Call (SELCALL) – place calls to an individual or group using assigned ID number for each transceiver for private calling
- Beacon Request Call – check signal quality between transceivers before placing a selective call to verify if a call can be placed
- Telephone Call (TELCALL) – place call through telephone interconnect service to expand contact to individuals via phone
- Message Call – send text messages (up to 64 characters) to another transceiver for expanded communication options
- Position Request Call – monitor position information of another transceiver when used as a mobile unit
- Position Send Call – transmit position
- Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) Option. With the ALE-1 option installed the VX-1700 selects the best Link Quality Analysis (LQA) score from the programmed channels automatically.
- 6-Character Alphanumeric Channel Label
- Noise Blanker
- CW Semi Break-In
- CW Side Tone Function
- Voice Operated eXchange (VOX)