Optional Bluetooth® Headset Connectivity
With the optional UT-133A Bluetooth® unit, the IC-A120 can be used with a third-party wireless Bluetooth® headset. Also, using the optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset, the side tone function is available.
Active Noise Cancelling (ANC)
The newly added built-in ANC reduces background noise in the received and transmitting signals. This function is effective in extremely noisy airport environments full of aircraft noise. The automatic noise limiter (ANL)* reduces pulse-type noise such as engine ignition.
* The ANL and ANC functions cannot be used at the same time.
IP54 Dust-Protection and Water Resistance
The IC-A120 has IP54 dust-protection and water resistance. This construction allows for use in open-air vehicles.
Dualwatch and ON-Hook Scan Functions
The dualwatch function checks the priority and operating channels alternatively. The ON-Hook scan function automatically starts scanning when the hand microphone is hooked on the microphone hanger. When you take the microphone OFF hook, the scanning stops at the priority channel or displayed channel (according to the preprogramming).
Side Tone Function
When using a third-party headset with the optional OPC-871A headset adapter, the side tone function allows you to monitor your own transmitted voice via the connected headset. Even when using a hand microphone, your voice can be monitored from the headset.
Optional Speaker-Microphone, HM-217
Listen to received audio through the HM-217’s built-in speaker. From the speaker-microphone’s front panel, access up/down buttons and two programmable buttons (P1/P2) which can be used as a shortcut to activate frequently used functions.
- A total of 200 memory channels with 12-character channel names
- Both 12- and 24- volt systems compatible
- 8.33 kHz* and 25 kHz channel spacing
- 36W (P.E.P.) RF output power
- Dualwatch and priority scan functions
- Power on password protection
- PC programming capability
- CI-V Commands for external control
- VE-PG3 RoIP gateway for interconnect with other radio devices
* Use of 8.33 kHz channel spacing is prohibited in Canada
- Hand microphone, HM-216
- DC power cable
- Mounting bracket kit
- Microphone hanger kit