“Flip-flop” channel recall
The IC-A24/A6 stores the last 10 channels used. You can easily recall those channels by pushing the “flip-flop” recall buttons on the front panel. It is convenient for switching between several channels, such as NAV and COM channels.
The IC-A24 has VOR navigation functions. The DVOR mode shows the radial to or from a VOR station and the CDI mode shows the course deviation to/from a VOR station. You can also input your intended radial to/from the VOR station and show the course deviation on the display. In the USA version, the duplex operation allows you to call a COM channel, while you are using VOR navigation.
(* IC-A24 only)
External DC power jack
An external DC power jack allows for operation with the wall charger, BC-167 or the cigarette lighter cable, CP-20. When the battery pack is installed, simultaneous charging during operation is also possible. In addition, an optional battery case, BP-208N, is available.
- 8.33kHz channel spacing (Depending on version)
- IPX4 Water resistant construction
- 200 memory channels (20 Ch × 10 banks) with 6 character names
- Dedicated 121.5MHz emergency key
- Side tone function allows you to hear your own voice via an external aviation headset.
- NOAA marine weather channels
- Tag scanning and memory bank scanning
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction